Immigration Appeals gone for most applications
Immigration Appeals severely restrictedFrom 6 April 2015, legislative changes have restricted the ri ...
read more

Evidential flexibility now in Immigration Rules!
Good news for people applying under the Points Based System (including Tier 1 General, Tier 1 entrep ...
read more

EEA nationals

Our services

We advise and assist applicants with all EEA related matters including the following:
Applications for registration certificates and residence cards;
Entry clearance and in-country applications for family members;
Applications for indefinite leave to remain;
Naturalisation/Citizenship for EEA nationals and their family members;
Appeals against refusals of any of the above.
If you would like to know more about our services or need help with any of these matters, contact us for a free assessment.

Rights of EEA nationals

Your rights are different depending on whether you are nationals of a full EEA member state or an accession country such as Bulgaria and Romania.

Full EEA nationals: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Southern Cyprus, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and Switzerland (not officially) Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia. (there are different rules for nationals of Bulgaria and Romania)

Rights to Residence, Work and Study

If you are a full EEA national you have the right to travel to the UK and live here for up to 3 months. To establish yourself here for longer and work in the UK you must be a “qualifying person”. This means that you are either:
Working in the UK;
Self-sufficient; and
Able to support yourself and your family without the help of public funds.
There are detailed regulations which define whether or not someone is a qualifying person in one of these categories. If you are not sure whether you qualify, then contact us for a free assessment.

Rights to bring Family members

As an EEA national who is a qualifying person” you can come to the UK with your family members or your family members can come to join you even if the family members are not nationals of EEA countries.

Family is defined as:
Spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner in a durable relationship;
Children or grandchildren or children of your spouse or civil partner who are under 21 years of age or dependent;
Parents or grandparents and their spouse or civil partner (not for students).
If you wish to bring extended family to the UK you must demonstrate that they are dependent on you.

Registration certificates and residence cards

A registration certificate confirms an individual’s right of residence though this is not required as the right to live and work is automatic.

Residence cards are issued to non-EEA national family members again to confirm their right of residence.

Refusals of residence documents

EEA nationals and their family members may appeal against any refusal to grant them a residence document. This rights applies whether the application is made in-country or from a UK entry clearance post.

If your application has been refused and you would like advice on your rights of appeal, contact us for a free assessment.

We have an excellent success rate on appeals, winning over 90%. See our appeals page for more details on our services.

success stories

Tier 1 and Tier 2 Appeal and Judicial Review Victories
The Home Office have been interpreting the Tier 1 and Tier 2 requirements very strictly.

We have had great success in winning many appeals and Judicial Reviews against Tier 1 and Tier 2 refusals.
read more

Entry Clearance Appeals
Decisions of Embassies and BHCs overseas sometimes fail to fairly consider an individuals case. Refusals over the last few months have often been on maintenance grounds on the basis of minor issues with documents.

We have an excellent record of overturning unfair decisions made by Entry Clearance Posts.

See more details of our recent successes.
read more